Designed for the project studio that needs plenty of I/O, Focusrites 18-in, 20-out Clarett 8Pre combines eight newly-designed Clarett mic preamps with class-leading digital conversion and extraordinarily low round-trip latencyso low that you can use DAW plugins while monitoring a performance thats being recorded.
The new Clarett mic pre offers superbly low noise and distortion, plus the switchable Air effect that models the sound of Focusrites renowned ISA transformer-based preamps. Instrument inputs offer extended headroom to suit the loudest guitar pickup, while gain controls employ a special law that makes changes smoother and more precise.
For easy access even when rack mounted, the compact (1U) Clarett 8Pre includes dual mic/line/instrument inputs on the front panel. Also on the front panel are two independently-controlled headphone outputs with enough level to drive even high impedance headphones to provide suitable monitoring levels.
The Clarett 8Pre, like the rest of the Clarett range, includes class-leading precision Focusrite digital audio conversion with up to 118dB (A/D) / 119dB (D/A) dynamic range, and combines it with an astonishingly low round-trip latencymaking it possible to monitor recordings via effects plugins in the DAW such as reverberation, for the best possible recording experience.The metering and monitoring panel provides ten 6-segment LED meters covering analog and digital inputs and monitor levels, with a monitor level control knob plus mute and dim buttons.
Word Clock output is provided, allowing the Clarett 8Pre to provide the master clock for the system.
A new software mixer, Focusrite Control, is included for easy configuration of monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, Focusrite Control offers a traditional mixer workflow and allows immediate access to internal hardware functions. Every Clarett also includes the Red 2Red 3 AAX, AUVST Plug-in Suite, which accurately models Focusrites classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware.
Theres never been a better, faster or easier way of getting audio into or out of a DAW.
- Eight New Clarett Mic Pres designed especially for the Clarett range, with plenty of gain, yet low noise and distortion. In addition, they feature a special Air feature that switches in an analog model of the classic transformer-based Focusrite ISA mic pre. Instrument inputs feature extra headroom to handle the loudest pickup.
- Use DAW plugins in real time: leading-edge round-trip audio latency over Thunderbolt, you can record and monitor with the plug-ins in your DAW, in real time.
- Precision digital conversion:Clarett features Focusrites class-leading conversion quality: with up to 119dB dynamic range, Clarett offers the cleanest way yet to get music in and out of your DAW.
- 18 audio inputs and 20 outputs within a 1U rack space, including eight analog inputs, 10 analog outputs, stereo SPDIF I/O and eight channels of ADAT I/O.
- Easy Access: Two mic/line/instrument inputs are provided on the front panel for easy access even when rack mounted, the remaining connections being accessed via the rear panel.
- Accessible metering and monitoring:The monitor panel provides analog and digital input levels, and main monitor outputs, via a 6-segment, multichannel LED meter. Monitor features include a level control, plus dim and mute buttons.
- Dual high-power headphone outputs:Two wide dynamic range headphone outputs are provided, powerful enough to deliver plenty of level even on high impedance headphonesperfect for tracking and mixing.
- Focusrite Control software mixer designed for easy configuration of monitoring and routing setups.
- Includes the Red 2Red 3 AAX, AUVST Plug-in Suite, which accurately models Focusrites classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware.
- Includes Word Clock In, enabling it to sync to word clock from any external digital device.
World of Stereo, Inc. is an Authorized Focusrite retailer.
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed