Designed primarily for permanent studio installation, Focusrites Clarett 8PreX Thunderbolt audio interface offers an impressive 26 inputs and 28 outputs, including eight analog inputs, 10 analog outputs, stereo S/PDIF I/O, and 16 channels of ADAT I/O for the connection of addition inputs and outputs such as a multichannel digital mic pre or an external D/A for additional line outputs. The 2U rack-mount unit combines eight newly-designed Clarett mic preamps with class-leading dynamic range conversion and extraordinarily low round-trip latencyso low that plugins can be used, in real time while monitoring recordings through the DAW.
The new Clarett mic pre offers superbly low noise and distortion, plus the unique, switchable Air effect that models the sound of Focusrites renowned ISA transformer-based preamps. It also features gain controls with a special law that makes changes smoother and more precise.
The Clarett 8PreX, like the rest of the Clarett range, includes class-leading precision Focusrite digital audio conversion with up to 118dB (A/D) / 119dB (D/A) real-world dynamic range. This is combined it with the lowest round-trip latency availablemaking it possible to monitor recordings via effects plugins in real time on the DAW such as reverberation, for the best possible recording environment.
A central metering and monitoring panel provides ten 6-segment LED meters covering analog and digital inputs and monitor levels, with a large-diameter monitor level control knob plus mute and dim buttons. The two independently-controlled headphone outputs on the front panel have enough level to drive even high impedance headphones providing suitable monitoring levels.
A new software mixer, Focusrite Control, is easily configured for monitoring and routing setups. Focusrite Control is simple and intuitive to use. Providing immediate access to internal hardware functions. Every Clarett also includes the Red 2Red 3 Plug-in Suite, which accurately models Focusrites classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware.
Word Clock I/O is provided, allowing the Clarett 8PreX to either provide the master clock for the system or to be clocked from an external master digital device.
Theres never been a better, faster or easier way of getting audio into or out of a DAW.
- The heart of the studio:Specially designed for studio installation, Clarett 8PreX includes separate rear panel inputs for mic, line, and instrument, as well as ADAT I/O to add 16 more channels, dedicated phantom power, phase reverse and high pass filters on every channel.
- Eight New Clarett Mic Pres with extra Air:The mic pres have been designed especially for the Clarett range, with plenty of gain, yet low noise and distortion. In addition, they feature a special Air feature that switches in an analog model of the classic transformer-based Focusrite ISA mic pre. Instrument inputs feature extra headroom to handle the loudest pickup.
- Use DAW plugins in real time:With leading-edge round-trip audio latency over Thunderbolt, you can record and monitor with the plug-ins in your DAW, in real time.
- Precision digital conversion:Clarett features Focusrites class-leading conversion quality: with up to 119dB dynamic range, Clarett offers the cleanest way yet to get music in and out of your DAW.
- Exceptional I/O capability:26 audio inputs and 28 outputs within a 2U rack space, including 8 analog inputs, 10 analog outputs, stereo S/PDIF I/O and 16 channels of ADAT I/O. Connect up to 16 more mic preamps over ADAT for a 24 channel microphone setup.
- Accessible metering and monitoring:Central panel provides analog and digital input levels, and main monitor outputs, via a 6-segment, multichannel LED meter. Accessible monitor features include a large-diameter level control, plus dim and mute buttons.
- Dual high-power headphone outputs:Two wide dynamic range headphone outputs powerful enough to deliver plenty of level even on high impedance headphonesperfect for tracking and mixing.
- Software Mixer for maximum control:Focusrite Control is a brand new software mixer designed for easy configuration of monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, Focusrite Control offers a traditional mixer workflow and allows immediate access to internal hardware functions.
- Digital sync on-board:Includes Word Clock I/O, enabling it to act as master for clocking multiple digital devices, or sync to word clock from an external digital device.
- Classic processor plugins included:Every Clarett includes the Red 2Red 3 AAX, AUVST Plug-in Suite, which accurately models Focusrites classic Red range equalizer and compressor hardware.
World of Stereo, Inc. is an Authorized Focusrite Retailer.
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed