In 2009, Korg unveiled Wavedrum WD-X, a revival of the original Wavedrum that debuted in 1994. The reimagined 09 Wavedrum had a stunning impact as a performance tool that brought new expressive power to musiciansfrom users of the original Wavedrum to forward-looking percussionists. Subsequent models included Wavedrum Oriental with its added Arabic sounds, Wavedrum Mini with its unique sensor clip, as well as limited edition color models, and the instrument's unbounded potential has continued to accelerate the spread of Wavedrum mania throughout the world.
- 2nd Generation Dynamic Percussion Synthesizer that provides unparalleled musical expression
- A sound engine that combines DSP-powered algorithms with PCM sounds to allow versatile and highly flexible performances
- A pressure sensor and multiple pickups capture the subtle nuances of your strikes on the head and rim, generating expressive power and new sounds
- Increased pickup precision provides improved dynamic range for low and high pitches, as well as enhanced response for soft sounds, making the instrument more sensitive
- Play different sounds from the head and rim, or apply pressure effects on the head to create performance techniques that are possible only on the Wavedrum
- 200 preset programs cover a vast range of sounds from classic percussion to unique and novel sounds.
- 200 user programs are available for storing customized sounds and settings
- A new input sensitivity parameter has been added, supporting a wide range of users from beginners to pros
- Fundamental sounds such as acoustic instruments have been enhanced
- Live Mode stores up to 12 settings (4 favorite programs x 3 Banks) for instant recal
- Compact and light-weight design; use as an individual instrument, or mixed in with a traditional drum kit or any performance/percussion rig
- 140 loop phrases of various genres allow Wavedrum users to jam along or practice to them
- AUX input allows monitoring or mixing of any audio sourceCD, MP3, even a second Wavedrum
DSP Algorithms: 60 Total (Single-size 26 +Double-size 34)
PCM instruments: 00 Total (Head 200 + Rim 200)
Programs: 400 Total (200 Presets + 200 Users)
Loop Phrases: 140
Effects: Reverb, Delay
Panel Controls: Volume knob, Write button, Buttons 1-4, BANK/MODE button, VALUE knob
Audio Outputs: Output L, R (Monaural phone jack), Headphones (Stereo mini phone jack)
Audio Input: AUX IN (Stereo mini phone jack)
Display: 3-character, 7-segment LED
Sampling frequency: 48 kHz
A/D, D/A Conversion: 24 bit
Power Supply: DC9V, 1.7A
Dimension(W x D x H): 34434975 mm / 13.54 x 13.74 x 2.95 inches
Weight: 2.0 kg / 4.41 lbs.
Accessories: AC Adapter, Tuning key, Allen wrench, Accessory Disc including PDF manuals (Quick Start Guide, Parameter Guide)
Options: Percussion Stand ST-WD, Soft cases SC-WD
World of Stereo, Inc. is an Authorized Korg Retailer.