Drummer From Another Mother (DFAM) is a highly-interactive, Semi-Modular Analog Percussion Synthesizer and a vibrant deviation from the traditional drum machine. Handcrafted in Asheville, NC by the employee-owners at the Moog Factory, DFAM is the first addition to the Mother-32 family of synthesizers and presents a uniquely expressive hands-on approach to percussive pattern creation. It requires no patching, and absolutely no experience is needed for human-beings of any age to quickly begin synthesizing new and unique rhythmic compositions. Activated by an easy-to-use analog sequencer, DFAMs emotive sound begins with a noise generator and two wide-range analog oscillators. Oscillator hard sync and FM cross-modulation invite effortless transitions between rhythmic pulsations, resounding bass and resonant bells in an instant. DFAMs distinctive voice is then shaped by a versatile Moog Ladder filter with two selectable modes: Low Pass mode imparts impact and dimension to each sound it touches, while High Pass mode opens the door to naturally expressive strikes, spikes and clangorous accentuations.
- SEMI-MODULAR: No patching required. Anyone can create unique and impactful analog rhythms.
- 100% ANALOG: Unbridled sonic flexibility for a lifetime of percussive inspiration.
- 2 OSCILLATORS: Ultra-wide range sound generation - craft everything from subtly pulsing cadences to clangorous cacophony and floor-splitting bass.
- SELECTABLE ANALOG FILTERS: Dynamically sculpt your sound with a Low Pass or High Pass Ladder filter.
- 3 ENVELOPES: Interact dynamically with velocity to impart human variation to your sound.
- 8-STEP ANALOG SEQUENCER WITH VELOCITY: Vibrantly continuous control over each note.
- 24 PATCH POINTS: Explore modular patching or connect to a Mother-32 to create a 3-oscillator leviathan.
- LINK MULTIPLE UNITS: Rack up multiple DFAM and Mother-32 units for evocative analog compositions.
World of Stereo, Inc. is an authorized Moog retailer.