The R80 features a custom 6.8-square-inch Air Motion Transformer (AMT) tweeter that responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies. This allows you to hear the air and the greater sense of space that is characteristic of audiophile recordings. The R80s transparent and highly accurate sound makes it ideal for use in both commercial and home recording studios as well as broadcast and post-production environments. You can customize the R80 in several ways. Its available with black or blue faceplates to fit your studio dcor. With balanced XLR, balanced TRS, and unbalanced RCA line-level inputs, its easy to feed audio to your R80 monitors from a mixer, an interface, a media player, or almost any other line-level source. And R series monitors offer user-adjustable contour features for optimizing the monitors for your mixing space. This enables full integration into any studio environment.
- 2-way active AMT design provides articulate high-frequency response and wide stereo imaging
- Custom-designed, 6.8-inch, AMT ribbon tweeter responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies
- 8-inch Kevlar LF drivers provide transparent mid- and low-frequency reproduction for clean sound and punchy bass
- Balanced XLR and -inch TRS plus unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- Biamped 150W RMS (LF = 100W, HF = 50W), Class D power amplifier with switching power supply
- RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, and subsonic filter protection
- Energy Conservation Mode (with enable/disable) lowers standby power to 0.5W
- External mains fuse
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
- Acoustic Space settings (Linear, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB) compensate for room placement
World of Stereo, Inc. is an Authorized Presonus Retailer.