The RC 500s FET (Field-Effect Transistor) compressor includes fully variable attack, release, and threshold controls, as well as bypass controls. FET-based compressors such as the one in the RC 500 use transistors to emulate a triode tubes operation and sound. This type of compressor generally provides a faster attack time and better repeatability than the optical compressors typically found in channel strips. The RC 500 compressor has a soft knee compression curve and a fixed 3:1 compression ratio, although the input-gain stage can be driven harder, with a lower threshold, to emulate higher compression ratios. This combination provides lots of flexibility without adding complexity, making dialing in just the right sound quick and easy!
With its features, connectivity, and outstanding sound, the RC 500 is fast becoming a classic channel strip. The way the preamp, compressor, and EQ work together is truly magical; we can describe it but you really should hear it for yourself. Fortunately, you can hear it now at your favorite PreSonus dealer!
- Transformer-coupled, high gain microphone preamp with a Class A hybrid design
- FET based compressor using hybrid detection methods with switching relays for hard bypass
- 3-band semi-parametric equalizer with switching relays for hard bypass
- +48V phantom power, 80 Hz highpass filter, and -20 dB pad
- Front-panelinstrument and rear-panel XLR microphone and line inputs with Input Select switch
- VU meter with selectable output level/gain reduction display
- Analog insert with balanced send and return
- High grade components: film capacitors, 1% tolerance resistors, and very low-distortion op amps
- Master output control
- Balanced output on XLR andTRS connectors
- Internal toroidal power supply with IEC connector
- Steel chassis
World of Stereo, Inc. is an Authorized Presonus Retailer.
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed