The adjustable mics, four-track recording and extended battery life of the TASCAM DR-40 give you the flexibility you need to record tracks anywhere. The DR-40 captures up to four tracks from built-in, high-quality condenser microphones, XLR mic or line inputs. The internal mics are adjustable from XY to AB position, helping you to tailor your recording to the sound of the room. Overdub mode, variable speed playback, limiting and low cut filter, and much moreall with TASCAM's simple-to-use interface. No other recorder makes home or live recording as simple as the TASCAM DR-40. Our brand new "DR-40" Linear PCM Recorders are part of TASCAM's handheld recorders.
- Unidirectional stereo condenser microphones that can record in A-B and X-Y positions.
- XLR/TRS inputs compatible with +4dBu line level / +48V.
- 4-channel mode that can be used.
- MS decoding function making it possible to use M-S microphones.
- Optional RC-3F foot switch and RC-10 wired remote control can be connected.
- Long-time operation of over 20 hours is possible using just the internal batteries.
- Reverb effect.
- Auto recording function that can detect the sound input signal level and automatically start recording.
- Proven high sound pressure design.
- Peak reduction function that detects peaks and automatically sets the optimal level
- Self timer recording function.
- Seamless gain control.
- Low-cut filter with three levels (40/80/120Hz).
- Speed change (VSA) function for adjusting the speed from 0.5 to 1.5 times (in 0.1 increments).
- Level align feature that prevents uneven volume levels.
- Equalizer setting.
- Divide/delete functions.
- Loop/repeat playback function that is convention for practicing music and studying languages.
- Resume function that retains the last stop position and starts playback from that position.
- Jump-back playback function that skips back a preset number of seconds during playback.
- QUICK menu button for easy access to various functions.
- High-quality 24-bit/96kHz WAV/BWF linear PCM recording and long recordings as MP3 files possible.
- SD/SDHC cards can be used for recording media.
- 2GB SD card is included.
- Mark function that can set up to 99 points for a single track.
- Audio files created on computers can be played.
- Built-in monaural speaker with an output of 0.3W.
- Pre-recording buffer that can record up to 2 seconds prior to starting recording.
- When a predetermined maximum file size is reached, a new file is created to continue recording.
- Track increment creates new files at arbitrary locations during recording.
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date.
- The first six characters of the file name for recording can be set freely
- Playlist function.
- A chromatic tuner is equipped.
- Stereo mini headphone line output / Headphone output connector.
- 12864 pixel graphic LCD with backlight.
- High-speed file transfer to a computer is possible using USB 2.0.
- Powered by 2 AA batteries, USB bus power, or optional AC adapter (PS-P515U).
- Mini USB cable included.
- Rubber feet for improving acoustic properties during desktop recordings are included.
- Tripod attachment screw-hole built in to the unit.
|Recording media||SD card (64MB to 2GB), SDHC card (4GB to 32GB)|
|WAV / BWF||44.1/48/96kHz, 16/24bit|
|Bit-rate for recording||32k/64k/96k/128k/192k/256k/320kbps|
|Playback bit rate||32 - 320kbps, VBR, ID3 tag Ver. 2.4|
|Number of channels||4-channel (2 Stereo)|
|Playback speed control (VSA)||0.5 - 1.5 times (in 0.1 increments) * 44.1/48kHz only|
|Built-in microphone||Unidirectional, stereo (Possible to switch between A-B/X-Y positions)|
|EXT MIC/LINE IN|
|Connector||XLR/TRS combo jack (1: GND, 2: HOT, 3: COLD)|
|Input impedance||2.2k ohms(MIC) / 10k ohms(LINE)|
|Nominal input level||-19dBV(MIC) / +4dBu (LINE)|
|Maximum input level||-3dBV (MIC) / +20dBu (LINE)|
|Connector||1/8"(3.5mm)stereo mini jack, Unbalanced|
|Standard output level||-14dBV(10k ohms load)|
|Maximum output level||+2dBV(10k ohms load)|
|Maximum output level||20mW+20mW(32ohms load)|
|Built-in speakers||0.3W, Mono|
|Format||USB2.0 HIGH SPEED|
|REMOTE||2.5mm TRS jack|
|Effector||6 presets (HALL1/2, ROOM, STUDIO, PLATE1/2)|
|Chromatic tuner||C1 - B6, A4 = 435Hz - 445Hz (in 1Hz increments)|
|Tripod attachment screw-hole||1/4 inch, Tripod attachment screw-hole|
|Power||2 AA batteries, USB bus power, AC100 - 240V (Optional AC adapter)|
|Power consumption||2.5W (Max)|
|Battery operation time
|With alkaline batteries
|Approx. 20.5 hours (2ch WAV, 44.1kHz, 16bit, using built-in microphone)|
|With Ni-MH batteries
|Approx. 17 hours (2ch WAV, 44.1kHz, 16bit, using built-in microphone)|
|Dimensions||70(W)x 155(H)x 35(D)mm|
|Weight||213g (Without battery)|
|Accessories||2GB microSD card, USB connection cable, 2 AA batteries for confirming operation, Owner's Manual, Warranty card|
|Frequency response||20Hz-20kHz +1dB/-3dB(Fs 44.1kHz,EXT IN to LINE OUT,JEITA)
20Hz-22kHz +1dB/-3dB(Fs 48kHz,EXT IN to LINE OUT,JEITA)
20Hz-40kHz +1dB/-3dB(Fs 96kHz,EXT IN to LINE OUT,JEITA)
|Distortion||0.05% or less(Fs 44.1/48/96kHz,EXT IN to LINE OUT,JEITA)|
|S/N ratio||92dB or more(Fs 44.1/48/96kHz,EXT IN to LINE OUT,JEITA)|
|OS||Windows XP,Windows Vista,Windows 7,Windows 8|
|CPU||Pentium 300MHz or more|
|Memory||128MB or more|
|OS||Mac OS X Jaguar (V10.2),Mac OS X Panther (V10.3),Mac OS X Tiger (V10.4),
Mac OS X Leopard (V10.5),Mac OS X Snow Leopard(V10.6.8),OS X Lion(V10.7),
OS X Mountain Lion(V10.8)
|CPU||Power PC,iMac,G3,G4 ,G5 266MHz or more|
|Memory||64MB or more|
World of Stereo, Inc. is an Authorized Tascam Retailer.